• hat nichts mit dem Thema zu tun aber Wichtig!!

Bayern lockert Bestimmungen zu Corona im Schiessen

Quelle: Internet Seite BSSB

Grüße aus dem Süden

• Dear Azmodan,

thank you for sharing this information and this very interesting project.

Some questions from a longtime rifle shooter and physicist with skills in electronics and computer engineering understanding the hole project:

It seems to me you are you using normal paper targets?

Isn't there any problem detecting the shot after shooting hole in hole?

On one of your pictures you show a series of 60 shots. It seems to me after that you have only on bigger hole in the middle of your paper target. How does the shot detection than work without a point of impact making the necessary sound?

Regards from Germany

Murmelchen

• Hi

yes, the project uses normal paper targets.

i am the software engineer who wrote the PC app. there is another person in the project who is the electrical engineer that made the PCB and the shot detection system.

as far as i understood, the microphones (4) don't pick up the sound of the paper being ripped, but the shock-wave of the pellet traveling through the air (this is true for all sound bases ESTs like SIUS or Inband ). so the pellet entering in an already made hole shouldn't affect the accuracy.

the 60 shot picture is made using a simulator (it's actually a real match shot on paper, captured using TargetScan app on android, than exported the coordinates to csv, and than imported the csv in the target simulator, that sent those coordinates to the freETarget app on PC). done to check the accurate translation between shot coordinates and score (perfect match with TargetScan app).

but this is project is at the beginning, so things may change. you can say that we are now in the beta version:)

• i await my delivery soon and i´m impressed of the accuracy of the shot detection in your pictures.

I hope my freeTarget will work as fine as yours.
    For 25m Pistol and 50m/100m rifle i have changed the sofware for pc and in my dry testing everything works fine so far.

Even i have changed the colous of the shots like they are in meyton, 10 is red 9 is yellow and from 8 and below they are blue. If it is a "inner ten" i have added a yellow number into the shot instead of a black number as shown in the screenshot:

• built the latest version of freETarget - with internal LED lighting and paper roll (hardware revision 3.0, software version 2.3.0)

i taped a normal paper target on the back of the rear mask to check accuracy (30 shots). result...good.